|Improved lorry washing facilities
MQP recognised that drivers required a safer method of washing their vehicle bodies rather than a ground based hose which encouraged potentially unsafe behaviour and created muddy and slippery conditions.
A small ‘safer by design’ working group comprising of franchise drivers, the transport manager and operations developed a solution which has been implemented. The result is a better drained area, improved hard standing and a wash out platform erected to direct water into the vehicle body.
• Removes risk of falls from height due to driver climbing on vehicle body
• Eliminates slip and trip hazards from inadequately drained area and trailing hose
• Increased visibility to allow drivers to see and wash inside the lorry body in safety
• Eliminates possible entrapment by reducing the need to raise the vehicle body
• Cleaner working environment
• Engagement of drivers and others in developing a solution enhances safety culture.