|Installation of robots to reduce dust, noise and HAV exposure
In spite of earlier investment to control stone mason’s exposure to occupational health and safety hazards, it was decided that more could be done. Rather than attempting to further control the occupational hazards which included hand arm vibration, manual handling and exposure to noise and dust, it was decided to eliminate the hazards.
A team involving managers and the stone masons reviewed various options to achieve this. The solution selected was to install 3 Staubli Robots which also complimented the CNC routing cabinets.
• All Hazards associated with HAVs eliminated
• Operatives are now working in a clean, temperature and noise controlled environment
• Manual Handling of stone has almost been fully eliminated
• Workers are no longer reliant on wearing RPE or ear protection.
• The robots have increased capabilities, improved accuracy reduced waste.
• The operation can operate 24 hours a day if required