Hills Quarry Products Ltd embarked on a major road safety campaign which involved the following initiatives;
• Fitting all vehicles to fully meet the MPA Cycle Safe standard, forward facing cameras will also be specified on new vehicles.
• Training both company employed and franchisee drivers to the MPA Vulnerable Road User standard.
• A programme of attendance at public cycling events to help raise awareness of road safety issues
• An updated traffic management system which all drivers entering site sign up to
• A fully reportable near miss programme to reinforce the traffic management system
• Producing a quarterly Drive Newsletter on road safety issues
• Reduced risk of incidents involving other road users
• Common standard of safety across the business
• Improved traffic management on site
• Near miss system identifying where changes need to be made to improve safety
• Raising awareness of issues with other road users
• Positive feedback from drivers to the initiative