Tower Lights - Overhead Power Lines
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT DETAILS
Recently a contractor working for EnterpriseMouchel was involved in an incident when a lighting rig being towed by a contractor’s vehicle came into contact with an overhead power line. As a result of the contact the contractor's vehicle caught fire and a serious fire ensued which resulted in total loss of the vehicle, damage to the road service and disruption of the power supply to local customers.
Fortunately the driver was able to escape without injury.
The lighting rig was being towed whilst in the upright position an investigation is currently being undertaken.
This alert has been issued to remind all staff of the dangers of working in the proximity of overhead services and the need for...
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT IMAGES
Click image to enlarge
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS TAKEN
- To identify overhead power services
- To acquire information from Service owners or use acceptable methods
- To determine heights and safe working distances
- Preparation, issue and understanding of site specific risk assessments and safe systems of work.
-Establishment of site specific control measures to include physical warning signs and adequate safety inductions.
- Regular inspection and review of site practices and documentation.
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS IMAGES
Go back to search critera