Electric Shock from Light switch
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT DETAILS
A delivery driver suffered an electric shock as he turned on a light switch.
The metal switch box was located in an area below the processing plant where a pressure washer had been used for cleaning.
Moisture was retained around the switch leading to electricity tracking to the outside of the switch box.
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT IMAGES
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS TAKEN
The metal switch box was inappropriate and it should have been protected or relocated.
Inspection and maintenance schemes should identify where activities are causing damage to equipment.
Risk assessment should identify where water and electricity have the potential to come into contact and design of electrical systems must ensure they are protected from moisture ingress where necessary.
(See additional pdf for further information)
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS IMAGES
Go back to search critera