Vianova cabin heater
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT DETAILS
On the 3rd March 2003 it was reported that the heater in the Vianova mixer cabin was not working.
On investigation it was found that a connection had been made in the supply cable to the heater. This connection was not suitable for the purpose and had overheated causing an electrical short. The fuse had not blown and supply was still on to the heater. This could have potentially caused the case of the heater to become live resulting in an electric shock for anyone who touched the heater.
The connection was made on site by somebody from Blue Box, the company who supplied the cabin, during some internal alterations.
ACCIDENT / INCIDENT IMAGES
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS TAKEN
The lessons to be learnt from this are;
• Only FY electrical personnel or contractors overseen by them are authorised to carry out electrical work of any kind on the premises.
• Any electrical installation work carried out by contractors should have an electrical completion certificate.
• If any person has any reservations whatsoever regarding the standard of electrical work by contractors then this should be brought to the attention of the electrical department or site management.
LEARNING POINTS / ACTIONS IMAGES
Go back to search critera